Posted: 10th June 2021
Crossland wishes to recruit a talented Accounts Assistant to join a highly successful existing Finance Team.
This new position is full-time, permanent, and has occurred due to a period of continued growth and development within the wider business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and will be experienced in working on recurring weekly/monthly tasks to strict deadlines.
This role will be based at our Head Office in Swatragh and can commence immediately.
Crossland has grown from a tanker repairs and servicing company into one of the largest tanker manufacturers within the UK and Ireland. In order to do this, we have created a high volume, fast-paced and multicultural workplace. We pride ourselves that we create a happy work environment where everyone is valued in order to create the best products for our customers.
- Processing of invoices, credit notes and receipts in the accounting system.
- Posting purchases and payments in the accounting system.
- Monitoring shared finance mailbox: ensure emails are monitored and appropriately actioned.
- Assist Company Accountant in preparation of key weekly and monthly Management Information / Reports
- Checking the bank accounts daily and making necessary ledger entries on accounting system.
- End to end processing of weekly payroll (in rotation with colleagues in Finance Team) – c.100 employees. Full training will be provided if required.
- Assist in preparation of statutory reports (VAT, EC Sales, Intrastat) and business surveys.
- Credit card and petty cash transaction postings and reconciliations
- Month end bank account and key balance sheet reconciliations.
- General administrative duties in the office.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English Grades A*-C
- Minimum of 2 year experience working within finance/ accountancy related position in an office environment
- Excellent attention to detail and a high numerical understanding
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player with ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Capacity to work independently with limited supervision
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Navision and Sage Payroll would be advantageous
What Crossland is Offering You
- Attractive salary
- Free life assurance scheme
- Enhanced workplace pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Training and development opportunities
- 20 days annual holidays plus 9 public holidays
To apply either call us for an application pack or please download it then please return to the address on the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 2nd July 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.