Posted: 10th June 2021
Crossland wishes to recruit a talented Commercial Management Accountant who will have responsibility for the Management and Financial Accounting of our two production sites located in Swatragh, Northern Ireland and Burnley, England.
This role requires an analytical, detail orientated and profit-focused individual who can utilise the information they produce to present recommendations on business operations, and where necessary, have the confidence to challenge the status quo to deliver profit upside for the group.
Whilst production of insightful monthly Management Accounts will be the primary requirement of this role; the company wants to recruit a self-starter who can then use this information to work directly and in collaboration with other key stakeholders on wider value add projects including production costings, capital spend programs and tenders.
This broad-ranging role will be based at our Head Office in Swatragh where the successful candidate will work directly with the Financial Controller and four other department colleagues. Flexible at-home working arrangements will be considered, subject to business need, after a satisfactory induction, training and company familiarisation period.
Crossland has grown from a tanker repairs and servicing company into one of the largest tanker manufacturers within the UK and Ireland. In order to do this, we have created a high volume, fast-paced and multicultural workplace. We pride ourselves that we create a happy work environment where everyone is valued in order to create the best products for our customers. For more information, please visit: www.crosslandtankers.com/aboutus
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts to deadlines
- Preparation and development of weekly and monthly manufacturing KPI’s, efficiency tracking and variance analysis reports for Budget Holders and Senior Management
- Preparation and review of stock reports
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting costs/maximising profits
- Perform key ad-hoc analysis on continuous improvement initiatives
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Preparation of statutory company returns – VAT, EC Sales, etc
- Contribute to the ongoing management and development of the company
The Ideal Person
- Qualified Accountant and a member of a recognised professional accountancy body (CIMA, ACA, ACCA). Part Qualified with demonstrable sector experience will be considered.
- Strong financial/commercial acumen
- Team player with ‘roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Experience with Microsoft Navision would be advantageous
- Sectoral experience or experience in product and standard costing within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
What Crossland is Offering You
- Permanent position.
- Attractive salary based on previous experience
- Free life assurance scheme
- Enhanced workplace pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Training and development opportunities
- 20 days annual holidays plus 9 public holidays
To apply either call us for an application pack or please download it from below and return to the address on the form or email it to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 2nd July 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.