Posted: 9th January 2021
We wish to recruit a Design Engineer to join the engineering department within our Swatragh plant.
As an Engineer, you will be working on the design of our range of products for sale across the UK, Ireland and overseas. This includes the reviewing of specifications, modeling assemblies in Creo and the production of BOMs and drawings for the factory. You will also be responsible for ensuring our products meet design standards and codes as required. You will work across a variety of sectors such as industrial, foodstuffs, chemicals, waste and local authority (for more info see our products). You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills and knowledge of our products develop.
Crossland has two manufacturing facilities in Burnley, Lancashire and Swatragh, Northern Ireland. The engineering department is responsible for the design and manufacturing of road tankers across both these sites that have been sold to our customers as well as being responsible for the development of new products and ideas.
- Investigate design improvements and implement them
- Create drawings/ models and BOM’s
- Become involved in ensuring our COP & EWVTA is up to date & undertake any necessary design work associated with this as directed by senior engineers.
- Be part of the design review process – giving feedback on models and also creating the changes to designs
- Support manufacturing with any queries and issues they may have with designs
- Be part of multi-functional teams to drive value within our business
- Liaise with suppliers for new components and to ensure we meet our customer’s requirements
Applicants must demonstrate that they have the following core competencies:
- Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant industrial qualification
- Experience with AutoCAD and Creo or similar 2D/3D packages
- Technical competence in laying out detailed engineering drawings
- Strong mathematical ability
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion
- Ability to identify complex problems, develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work to deadlines
The application form is available for download and must be filled in and returned to either our head office address or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5th February 2021.
- 29 Days paid holidays
- Free Life Assurance
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Employee training incorporate systems such as Creo, WindChill and Navision
- Mentoring and personal development throughout the year
Remuneration will be related to the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.