Posted: 22nd September 2021
We are recruiting for an experienced HSE(Q) Manager on a full-time, permanent basis to join our team. You will be joining an established and successful HSEQ department within Crossland Tankers and the position will be based within our Burnley Factory.
We pride ourselves that we create a positive work environment where everyone is valued in order to create the best products for our customers along with a genuine commitment to the health & wellbeing of our staff.
Crossland Tankers has grown from tanker repairs and servicing company, providing maintenance services to local bulk liquid haulage companies into one of the largest tanker manufacturers within the UK and Ireland.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all relevant H&S and environmental legislation and standards.
- Maintaining the company ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 45001 H&S Management Systems.
- Identifying hazards and assessing risks involved in plant, equipment, work processes, work areas, substances etc. and implementing suitable controls to eliminate or reduce risk.
- Developing and communicating relevant information, instruction, and training to all employees (e.g., induction, risk assessments, safe systems of work, toolbox talks etc).
- Conducting site inspections on a regular basis.
- Auditing the company procedures to ensure they are effective and continually improving.
- Investigating accidents and near misses and reporting on findings and implementing suitable corrective actions.
- Monitoring, measuring, and testing of plant and equipment.
- Managing subcontractors carrying out work on site on behalf of the company.
- Ensuring periodic maintenance and calibration off all plant and equipment.
- Control and disposal of waste on site.
- Attending and reporting on health and safety committee meetings and other relevant meetings.
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our workers and encouraging them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive health and safety culture.
- Provide advice to employees and management on H&S & environmental matters.
- Other duties as required
About You / Qualifications/ Requirements
- NEBOSH Certificate (Essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma or similar (e.g., NVQ level 5 qualification) (Desirable)
- Relevant third level qualification (Desirable)
- Member of IOSH, IEMA or similar (Desirable)
- Competent IT skills with full working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Experience in writing and producing reports.
- Experience in risk assessing and developing safe systems of works.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Health & Safety management role. (Required)
- Experience of developing, implementing, and managing externally certified HSEQ management systems. (Required)
- Experience in developing and delivering HSEQ training. (Desirable)
- Experience in assisting with development of risk assessments (Desirable)
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of current HS&E legislation.
- Ability to investigate to determine root causes and develop appropriate actions.
- Ability to manage actions through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills. The ability to demonstrate leadership in a variety of situations and in a variety of ways appropriate in different circumstances This will include demonstrating both “individual” leadership and “team” leadership to inspire, guide and motivate individuals and teams.
- Communication skills. Includes both written and oral communication, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of circumstances, including public presentations. Verbal clarity.
- I.T. Skills. Computer literate with sound knowledge of computerised systems
- Numeracy and literacy skills. Good numeracy and literacy – attention to detail.
- Results Orientation. The desire to get things done well and the ability to set and meet challenging goals, create own measures of excellence and constantly seek ways of improving performance.
- Planning and Organising. The ability to decide on courses of action, ensuring that the resources required to implement the action will be available and scheduling the programme of work required to achieve a defined end result.
- Self-Management. An ability to manage and organise oneself to take responsibility, be personally responsible and achieve results. To manage personal stress and work levels in order to maintain overall performance under pressure.
We offer our employees a range of benefits including:
- Attractive salary based on candidates experience
- Free life assurance scheme
- Enhanced workplace pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Training and development opportunities
- 20 days annual holidays plus 8 public holidays
Please visit the link below to apply on our careers website:
If you have any issues please call us on 02879401555 or email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications