Posted: 11th January 2019
We currently have a vacancy for mechanical fitters to be based in our Swatragh factory.
Crossland Tankers has grown from a tanker repairs and servicing company, providing maintenance services to local bulk liquid haulage companies into one of the largest tanker manufacturers within the UK and Ireland. In order to do this, we have created a high volume, fast-paced and multicultural workplace. We pride ourselves that we create a happy work environment where everyone is valued in order to create the best products for our customers.
The mechanical fitter role within Crossland Tankers includes the following responsibilities;
- An ability to diagnose electrical faults on HGV Trailers and rigid vehicles
- Installing various parts to commercial tankers including piping, hydraulic hoses, electric cables, lights, airlines and other mechanical parts.
- You will be comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools to fit items securely.
- Installation of lights, reversing systems, metering systems, control boxes
- Ensure all work is completed on time and effectively
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team as and when required
- Keep work areas clean and tidy, organised and safe from hazards
- Ensuring a high quality of workmanship for each task.
Candidates must have previous experience and on the job training will be provided should be successful with your application. A positive and self-motivated attitude towards work is essential. You must be legally entitled to work in the UK. With that in mind, we offer our employees a range of benefits including:
- 28 days paid holidays
- Free life assurance scheme
- An enhanced workplace pension scheme
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for training and career development along with a very attractive rate of pay linked to ability and experience and not age
- All relevant PPE, H&S training and tools supplied where necessary
To apply either call us for an application pack or please click the link to download the pack then please return to the address on the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 1st February 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.