Posted: 20th May 2021
We currently have a vacancy for a mechanical hydraulic fitter to be based in our Burnley factory.
About the position
Reporting to the mechanic workshop manager the mechanical fitter role within Crossland Tankers includes the following responsibilities;
- Installing various parts to commercial tankers including piping, hydraulic hoses, motors, pumps and other mechanical parts.
- Installation of hydraulic systems, metering systems and control boxes
- Ensure all work is completed on time and effectively
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team as and when required
- Keep work areas clean and tidy, organised and safe from hazards
- Ensuring a high quality of workmanship for each task.
About the person
It is not required that candidates have previous experience however it would be preferred.
You should be comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools to fit items securely.
On-the-job training will be provided should be successful with your application. A positive and self-motivated attitude towards work is essential. You must be legally entitled to work in the UK.
We offer our employees a range of benefits including:
- Attractive rate of pay linked to ability and experience and not age
- Opportunity for overtime work when required
- Free life insurance scheme
- An enhanced workplace pension scheme
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for training and career development within Crossland Tankers
- All relevant PPE, H&S training and tools supplied where necessary
To apply either call us for an application pack or please click here to download the pack then please return to the address on the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 18th June 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.