Posted: 11th January 2019
We are currently recruiting engineering students wishing to partake on a placement year to join the design department within our Swatragh plant.
At Crossland we understand that having experience of the working world during your university degree provides key insight to the application of your learning as well as developing different skills. Crossland has an exciting 12(+) month placement where you are given an opportunity to work as part of the design team where you will be working on real projects making a difference in both your team and the company as a whole. The successful candidates will receive on the job training and take part in a structured training & development programme designed to give you the skills and competencies required for future graduate roles and for your Chartership.
Crossland has two manufacturing facilities in Burnley, Lancashire and Swatragh, Northern Ireland. The design department is responsible for the design and manufacturing of road tankers across both these sites that have been sold to our customers as well as being responsible for the development of new products and ideas. We have a wide range of products available for our customers which can be viewed on our products page.
- Investigate design improvements and implement them
- Help experienced designers create drawings/ models
- Be part of the design review process – giving feedback on models and also creating the changes to designs
- Support manufacturing with any queries and issues they may have with designs
- Be part of multi-functional teams to drive value within our business
- Liaise with suppliers for new components and to ensure we meet our requirements
Applicants must demonstrate that they have the following core competencies:
- Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant industrial qualification
- Experience with AutoCAD and Creo or similar 2D/3D packages
- Technical competence in laying out detailed engineering drawings
- Strong mathematical ability
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion
- Ability to identify complex problems, develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work to deadlines
- Stage 1 – Online application form*
- Stage 2 – Telephone interview with the recruitment team
- Stage 3 – Face to face interview with the hiring manager
* The application form is available for download and must be filled in and returned to either our head office address or firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 15th February 2019.
- 28 Days paid holidays
- Free Life Assurance
- Employee training in our corporate systems such as Creo, WindChill and Navision
- Mentoring and personal development throughout the year
Remuneration will be related to the experience and skills of the successful candidate and will be between £13,000 to £15,500 per annum.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.