Posted: 23rd March 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team as a Purchasing and Logistics Administrator within our site in Swatragh. This role will be responsible for working with the procurement manager and our stores team to ensure that Crossland’s and our customer’s material planning needs are met supporting the company’s production activities between both sites in Swatragh and Burnley.
At Crossland, we understand that having experience of the working world during your university degree provides key insight into the application of your learning as well as developing different skills. Crossland has an exciting 12(+) month placement where you are given an opportunity to work as part of the procurement & materials team where you will be working on real projects making a difference in both your team and the company as a whole. The successful candidates will receive on the job training and take part in a structured training & development program designed to give you the skills and competencies required for your future career post-university.
Crossland Tankers has grown from a tanker repairs and servicing company, providing maintenance services to local bulk liquid haulage companies into one of the largest tanker manufacturers within the UK and Ireland. In order to do this, we have created a high volume, fast-paced and multicultural workplace. We pride ourselves that we create a happy work environment where everyone is valued in order to create the best products for our customers.
The Procurement and Logistics placement role within Crossland Tankers will include the following responsibilities;
- Plan shipments between sites, and from main suppliers/sub-contractors
- Create and manage ferry bookings for the company’s trailers and tankers
- Use the Trader Support Service to create ENS/SFD declaration and close out supplementary declarations, preparing/obtaining required documentation
- Send order book updates to suppliers and expedite deliveries
- Work with the Stores team on processing goods receipts and transfers
- Work with the buyers on reviewing and processing invoices
- Manage the document retention process
- Update and maintain relevant data with the ERP system
- Be part of multi-functional teams to drive value within our business
- Liaise with suppliers for new components and to ensure we meet our requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s grade A* – C, including mathematics and English
- Good MS Office skills, especially MS Excel
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Good communication skills
On the job training will be provided should be successful with your application. A positive and self-motivated attitude toward work is essential. You must be legally entitled to work in the UK.
We offer our employees a range of benefits including:
- Free life assurance scheme
- Enhanced workplace pension scheme
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for training and career development along with a very attractive rate of pay linked to ability and experience and not age
- All relevant PPE, H&S training and tools supplied where necessary
To apply please click the link to download an application form. Please return to the address on the form or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 30th April 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.