Posted: 6th March 2020
Crossland Tankers Ltd is a large engineering company dedicated to the design, manufacture, refurbishment and repair of road tankers for the chemical, bitumen, waste, milk & food industries. With factories in Swatragh and Burnley, we supply an expansive range of products to customers throughout the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
At Crossland, we understand that having experience of the working world during your university degree provides a key insight to the application of your course as well as developing different personal skills. We are offering an exciting 12(+) month student placement where you will be involved in ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees while protecting the environment.
We are hiring for a 12-month HSEQ placement role to be based at our Swatragh Factory and Head Office. During this 12-month period, the suitable candidate will gain invaluable skills and experience, providing support for a fast-paced manufacturing/engineering company. They will be mentored by and report to the Health, Safety & Quality Officer.
The role will be involved in:
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety, environmental and quality legislation and standards
- Identifying hazards and assessing risks involved in plant, equipment, work processes, work areas etc. and implementing suitable controls to eliminate or reduce risk.
- Developing and communicating relevant information, instruction and training to all employees (e.g. safe systems of work, toolbox talks etc).
- Completing site inspections on a regular basis
- Auditing the company procedures to ensure they are effective and continually improving
- Investigating accidents and near misses and reporting on findings and implementing suitable corrective actions.
- Monitoring, measuring and testing of plant and equipment
- Organising employee inductions and training
- Managing subcontractors carrying out work on site on behalf of the company.
- Maintaining the company ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 45001 Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Ensuring periodic maintenance and calibration off all plant and equipment
- Control and disposal of waste on site
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our workers and encouraging them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Attending and reporting on health and safety committee meetings and other relevant meetings
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Other administrative duties
About You / Qualifications/ Requirements
The suitable candidate must be:
- Currently studying towards a health and safety or environmental related degree
- Passionate about health and safety and the environment
- Able to work full time from Monday – Friday for the placement period
- A good communicator
- Well organised with meticulous administrative skills
- Able to take ownership for projects and work to time limits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to maintain total confidentiality
What we offer
- Fully paid placement
- 20 Days annual holidays plus 9 public holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to an onsite gym
To apply either call us for an application pack or click the link to download an application form. Please return to the address on the form or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 30th April 2020.